See the Hungarian page
Courses taught in Hungarian
I regularly teach and organise the following courses:
- Numerical methods
- Numerical methods 2 - numerical solutions of partial differential equations
- Numerical calculations
I have written three lecture notes: Numerical methods, Problem book in numerical methods, Numerical solutions of partial differential equations.
Courses taught in English
In this semester, I do not have courses in English.
- Google Scholar ID: e3EKbYwAAAAJ
- MathSciNet: List of publications
- MTMT: 10000182
- ResearcherID: H-5180-2012
- Scopus ID: 8297550500
My research field is applied analysis with focus on numerical analysis. My main fields are
- numerical linear algebra
- numerial solution of ordinary differential equations
- numerical methods of partal differential equations (parabolic equations, Maxwell equations, disease propagation, operator splitting)
- Numerical modelling of fuel cells (closed) - First Hungarian Fuel Cell Site
- Numerical Analysis and Large Networks Research Group. - Disease propagation models, nonlinear problems
- Qualitative investigation of the numerical solutions of partial differential equations OTKA 112157
List of publications and citations:
Most important Publications
- Faragó I, Horváth R, On the Nonnegativity Conservation of Finite Element Solutions of Parabolic Problems Proc. Conf. Finite Element Methods: Three-Dimensional Problems eds. P. Neittaanmäki, M. Krizek GAKUTO Internat. Series Math. Sci. Appl., vol. 15, Gakkotosho, Tokyo, 2001, 76-84. (2001)
- Faragó I, Horváth R, Schilders W H A, Investigation of Numerical Time-Integrations of Maxwell’s Equations Using the Staggered Grid Spatial Discretization INT J NUMER MODEL ELECTRON NETWORK DEV 18: 149-169 (2005).
- Faragó I, Horváth R, A Review of Reliable Numerical Methods for Three-Dimensional Parabolic Problems INT J NUMER METH ENG 70: 25-45 (2007).
- Faragó I, Horváth R, On the Connections Between the Qualitative Properties of the Numerical Solutions of Linear Parabolic Problems SIAM J SCI COMPUT 28: 2316-2336 (2006).
- Horváth R, On the Sign-Stability of Numerical Solutions of One-Dimensional Parabolic Problems APPL MATH MODEL 32(8): 1570-1578 (2008) DOI: 10.1016/j.apm.2007.04.016.
- Horváth R, New Unconditionally Stable Numerical Schemes for Maxwell’s Equations COMPUT SCI ENG 3(4): 271–276 (2007).
- Faragó I, Horváth R, Korotov S, Discrete Maximum Principles for FE Solutions of Nonstationary Diffusion-Reaction Problems with Mixed Boundary Conditions NUMER METH PART D E 27 (3): 702–720 (2011), DOI: 10.1002/num.20547.
- Havasi Á, Horváth R, Szabó T. Comparison of Some Parameter Estimation Techniques Applied to Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell Models, J. FUEL CELL SCI TECHNOL 10(5) 051001 (2013), DOI: doi:10.1115/1.4025044.
- Faragó I, Horváth R., On some qualitatively adequate discrete space-time models of epidemic propagation, J COMP APPL MATH 293 45–54 (2016). DOI: 10.1016/j.cam.2015.03.030.
- Svantnerné Sebestyén G., Faragó I, Horváth R., Kersner R., Klincsik M., Stability of patterns and of constant steady states for a cross-diffusion system, J COMP APPL MATH 293 208–216 (2016).
- SEFI Annual Conference - Visions and Strategies for Europe, Czech Republik (Prague, 1994)
- 6th International Conference on Numerical Methods, Hungary (Miskolc, 1994)
- School on Numerical Simulation of PDE's: Methods, algorithms, applications, Italy (Trieste, 1996)
- Second Joint Conference on Mathematics and Computer Science, Romania (Illyefalva, 1997)
- Conference on Numerical Methods and Computational Mechanics, Hungary (Miskolc, 1998)
- Conference in Honor of Robert J. Plemmons, USA (Winston-Salem, 1999)
- Third Joint Conference on Mathematics and Computer Science, Hungary (Visegrád, 1999)
- The Third European Conference on Mathematics and Advanced Applications, Finland (Jyväskylä, 1999)
- Conference on 3D Finite Element Methods, Finland (Jyväskylä, 2000)
- NUMDIFF-9, Germany (Halle an der Sale, 2000)
- IEEE Workshop on Signal Propagation on Interconnects, Italy (Venice-Cavallino, 2001)
- Scientific Computing in Electrical Engineering Conference, The Netherlands (Eindhoven, 2002)
- ENUMATH-2003, Czech Republic (Prague, 2003)
- NUMDIFF-10, Germany, (Halle an der Saale, 2003)
- ECMI conference, The Netherlands (Eindhoven, 2004)
- Large-Scale Scientific Computations, Bulgaria (Sozopol, 2005)
- Quantitative and Mathematical Finance Conference (Budapest, 2005)
- UKRPROG'2006, Ukraine (Kiev, 2006)
- 6th International Conference on Numerical Methods and Applications (NM&A'06), Bulgaria (Borovets, 2006)
- 4th Conference on Finite Difference Methods: Theory and Aplpications, Bulgaria (Lozenetz, 2006)
- NUMDIFF-11, Germany, (Halle an der Saale, 2006)
- Encounters between discrete and continuous mathematics, Germany (Blaubeuren, 2008)
- Conference on Numerical Analysis and Applications (NAA'08), Bulgaria (Lozenetz, 2008)
- NUMDIFF-12, Germany, (Halle an der Saale, 2009)
- 61st Annual Meeting of the International Society of Electrochemistry konferencia. A kiállított poszter címe "Parameter estimation in a PEMFC model", France (Nice, 2010).
- Innovative integrators Workshop, Austria (Innsbruck, 2010).
- Conference on Simulation and Optimization, Hungary (Gyõr, 2011).
- Basque-Hungarian Workshop on Numerical Methods for Large Systems, Basque Center for Applied Mathematics (BCAM), Bilbao, Spain, April 2012.
- Encounters Between Discrete and Continuous Mathematics Workshop on Dynamical Networks, Numerical Analysis and Ergodic Theory, Budapest, ELTE, 21-24. May, 2013.
- The Third BCAM Workshop in Computational Mathematics, Basque Center for Applied Mathematics (BCAM), Bilbao, Spain, 17-18. July, 2014.
- The Second Basque-Hungarian Workshop on Numerical Methods for PDEs, Basque Center for Applied Mathematics (BCAM), Bilbao, Spain, 12-13. January, 2015. (Member of the scientific committee.)
My own page: math.bme.hu/~rhorvath